Have you ever faced life in times when the best equivalent to find for
describing it was a computer game?
You are on your way through, facing struggle after struggle, but that’s
just part of the regular game. Jumping over things that hinder you, knocking them
down, and sometimes using these to gain the force of the impact to reach
something higher that has been beyond your reach before that. If lucky, earning
advantages from things found on the way.
Such is life. That’s pretty much
a picture for all of us, isn’t it?
And then come the days when you are still more or less successfully
striving towards the last level- not to sound dramatic, not as
in “your final breath” or anything, just maybe a picture of a goal of yours, a desire, a wish, anything you desperately need to accomplish or want to
establish in your life at that moment.
You release the picked-up extra-power, speed it up a bit, you are
getting closer, round the next corner- AND THERE HE IS:
The BOSS, as MCS boys would call him, the final enemy, towering over all
obstacles you faced before.
To keep the allegory realistic, I have to admit, it might be less
dramatic. The boss might not be the hardest thing you have faced or will ever
face,
but if you are imagining the situation, you might feel the weight of his
intimidating presence. Wouldn’t it be quite frightening to actually face him?
Not just on the screen, keeping the option of simply restarting the level in
the back of your head, but in a life and death battle (or at least a “Make it
or fail” one)?
I can tell you it is. It gives you the shivers. It gives you this
desperate, overwhelming feeling that you feel like all your strength is fading from
you, evaporating like the water poured onto the hot sauna stove.
You wish you had the ultimate weapon to sweep the obstacle away with one
tactical blow, to then simply jump over the remains and cross the finish
line.
Oh, how I wish I had a weapon like that- or, since I am not a guy, maybe
one that would skip the epic wipe-out and replace it with a gentle “turn the
monster into a flower”.
What do you do when life doesn’t ask your permission and gives you a boss every once
in a while?
How do you cope when it doesn’t equip you with any kind of weapons
against him?
Would you rather not play that level then? I have wished so.
Would you fight as hard as you can risking the fact that this time there
might not be a restart of the level? I get moments- and they are usually
inspired by movies like “Lord of the Rings”, “Braveheart” or “King Arthur”-
when I want to do that, when I feel the roar of a lion in my heart, a testament
of wanting to tear the miseries of life into pieces.
And then there is just times when all you can do is surrender.
HA, but not to the boss, not to an enemy, not an obstacle
I’d rather surrender to a real boss.
That’s right. My boss, who compared to the giants of end levels, is far
more overpowering, intimidating and far of more impact if used as a weapon.
So here I stand, ready for the level and its bosses, not what I am, but
what I have in him.
Let’s blow their brains all over the place! (and this is definitely an MCS gamer related phrase)
Let’s blow their brains all over the place! (and this is definitely an MCS gamer related phrase)
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen