Donnerstag, 3. Juli 2014

Lover of the process.

As I was preparing to lead a worship session for my Campus Cru Group, I came across these "mini sagas" (which means you can only use 50 words including caption) that I wrote when I was in Pakistan when I attended my friend KTs ESL classes for fun.

I was thinking that I could post these earlier today, but then I got caught up in preparing and ended up just leaving them opened on my computer.
Now that I'm back from the meeting I feel it's got so much more meaning now.

It's exactly how I feel these days... And just these last days, also during the service, it's been a reoccuring theme- not just in my song selection but also in the sermon.
And so tonight I'll share these "poems"with you, as a statement mostly to myself to remind me that my God is a lover of the process, of my process, my metamorphosis- enjoying growth, not the end result.
And that he is always making beautiful things out of the dust.

You
The crayons carved their way into the heart of the paper.
Oh, nice, I like red.
Blood?
Grey?? Sure about that?
And sparkles of yellow, green for hope.
Title: Beautiful things out of the dust.
No eraser needed.
Your skillful lines and curves gave way to my bigger picture.



A rough creator

Held firmly.
Kicking.
Who do you think you are? Who gave you permission?
Glass shatters.
Don’t you mess with my life! I want it my way!

Why?
Put together.
It just doesn’t seem to make sense.
“Look down.”
And then I can see it. A beautiful mosaic.



Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen